Over 43 million Americans move each year, which contributes to the declining accuracy of your mailing lists and a major cause of undeliverable-as-addressed (UAA) mail. National Change of Address processing (NCOA) helps reduce UAA mail by identifying and updating the addresses of people and businesses that have moved.
As a NCOALink Full Service Provider licensee of the USPS®, Melissa Data will match your list against the full USPS NCOALink® dataset of approximately 160 million records, which includes all permanent change-of-address records filed with the USPS over the last 48 months, unlike other providers with a limited NCOALink, that only have access to change-of-address records filed in the last 18 months (about 60 million records). Only a Full Service Provider like Melissa Data can identify and update the most change-of-address records in your list.
- Fast turnaround
- Qualify mailings for First-Class™ and Standard Mail® discounts
- Reduce wasted postage & production costs
- Maintain communications with recently-moved customers
- 160 million records
- Covers last 48 months
- Updated weekly*
- Postage discounts: Meets USPS Move Update requirement for a 95-day period from date of processing to qualify mailings for First Class™ and Standard Mail®
- Available via Batch Processing or automated FTP (SmartMover®) for high-volume users
*Melissa Data receives weekly NCOALink updates.
- Required Fields:
Full Name and/or Company Name; Address; City; State and 5-digit ZIP Code™
- Returned Fields:
Return Code; Move Type; Move Date; Address Error; DPBC; CRRT; and Mail Score
- Processing Acknowledgement Form
The USPS requires a completed Processing Acknowledgement Form (PAF) for each of our customers prior to providing NCOALink service. Click here to download the PAF and NCOALink usage guidelines and required text
SmartMover FTP allows you to automate your NCOALink workflow – ideal for high frequency or high volume users.
- Fast: Get your files processes and returned in minutes
- Easy-to-use: Simple FTP integration makes sending and receiving jobs easier than ever
- 24/7/365 availability: Access SmartMover FTP anytime
- Cost effective: No minimum charges per file or set up fees – you only pay for the actual processing