What's Included with My Purchase?
Technical Support Definitions
- Proof of Concept - Unlimited*
- Technical Support - Unlimited
- Consulting with Melissa Data Professional
Services - 3 hours
Proof of Concept
A Proof of Concept (POC) is a demonstration that Melissa
Data’s products will satisfy the business and technical
requirements of the client. The Proof of Concept will
demonstrate all the functionality of the Melissa Data
product using demo data provided by Melissa Data or the
client (if the client makes the data available prior to
the Proof of Concept.)
Particular attention may be paid to functional areas
that are more important to the client, at their request.
This can also entail Melissa Data processing a subset of
the client’s real data to show what results the product
What this does not contain:
A Proof of Concept does not include the demonstration or
support of actual integration of the Melissa Data
product into the client’s environment. It also does not
include support of speed optimization for client
environments where the Melissa Data component is not the
sole component contributing to the tune.
*Special Case: MatchUp
Proof of Concept (POC) includes:
A POC for MatchUp includes a primer and general tutorial
of MatchUp and matchcodes; and a demonstration of matching
using a demo or client-provided demo data set.
Proof of Concept does not include:
A POC does not include advice or support of future
matchcode design for speed optimizations.
Technical support covers:
• Helping the client get the Melissa Data provided
sample code, or the client’s sample or test code up and
running in their environment.
• Helping the client use Melissa Data’s products
• Providing “best practices” advice.
Technical support does not cover:
• Helping the client on parts of their application or
system that do not directly interface with a Melissa
• Helping improve speed beyond an environment where
Melissa Data is not the sole component contributing to
• Helping the client with integration of Melissa Data
components into a more complex architecture when the
samples have been shown to work.
Professional services covers:
- Product Training sessions conducted at our
headquarters, online, or at our regularly scheduled
regional information sessions.
- Data Quality, Governance and Integration
Consulting to resolve complex data quality issues.
- Custom Development Services to create custom
data, or custom programming in and around data