Guerrillas Give Out Free
By Jay Conrad Levinson, Guerrilla Marketing
One of the main reasons that businesses fail is lack
of marketing insight. Jay Conrad Levinson, better
known as the Father of Guerrilla Marketing, offers
the top 10 giveaways sure to bring out the guerrilla
in your own marketing department. All along,” he
says, “I’ve been telling you what guerrillas give
away for free.”
1) They give gift certificates to their own
business, whether the certificates are for products
2) They give printed brochures to anybody who
3) They give electronic brochures, on CD and DVD,
once again to people who ask for them. And they are
quick to offer their free brochures in their other
4) They give money to worthy causes and let their
prospects and customers know that they support a
noble cause, enabling these people to support the
5) They give free consultations and never make them
seem like sales presentations. They truly try to
help their prospects.
6) They give free seminars and clinics because they
realize that if their information is worthwhile, it
will attract the right kind of people to them.
7) They give free demonstrations to prove without
words the efficacy of their offerings.
8) They give tours of their facilities or of work
they've accomplished elsewhere, again transcending
standard marketing tools they might employ.
9) They give free samples because they know that
such generosity is the equivalent of purchasing a
new customer at a very low price.
10) They give invaluable information on their
website, realizing that such data will bring their
customers and prospects back for more, thereby
intensifying their relationships.
- Jay Conrad
Levinson (www.gmarketing.com) the Father of