Data Quality & Big Data
Why Contact Data Quality is Important
Why Contact Data Quality is Important for Big Data
Big data has now become an essential part of the analytic landscape (research analysis, predictive analysis, etc.) in fields as diverse as healthcare, finance, social media, risk management, and customer profiling . Yet many companies, despite big data's growing importance, cannot guarantee the quality of this data; surveys indicate that more than 50% of IT leaders doubt the validity of their own data. Improving big data quality is now imperative if companies expect to derive authoritative and profitable results from their data
What's the strategy for improving big data quality?
Cleaning up big data is more important than ever because of the central role that analytics plays in business today. The strategy includes data validation and correction against reference datasets, and extracting entities/data points from the unstructured big data. In the end, the reliability of analytics derived from big data needs to be based on authoritative sources.
What are the benefits of big data quality?
- Get a 360-Degree View of Your Customer. Ensure that analytics, visualizations, and reports are based on current and clean contact data such as address and identity data. Plus, add additional relevant data and deliver knowledge bases that will help with analytics for a specific customer.
- Monetize Data. Sell enriched and de-identified data sets to external marketing customers. Accurate address and geocoding data, for example, are ideal for targeted, geographical marketing.
- Streamline Data Refinery. Combine and blend Melissa Data reference data along with big data in order to enhance analytics and improve business intelligence.
Melissa Data's Solution for Big Data Quality
Data Quality for Pentaho
Melissa Data delivers total quality to support the entire big data lifecycle - fully integrated with Pentaho. Available data transforms include:
- Identify data that fails to comply with business rules and standards
- Verifies a name corresponds to an address, email, and phone number
- Appends missing name/company name, phone number, and/or email address
- Verifies international addresses for over 240 countries
- Transliterates many major character sets and displays output in native or Roman characters
- Geocodes addresses in 40 countries by assigning rooftop lat/long coordinates
- Standardizes, verifies, and corrects U.S. and Canadian addresses
- Verifies and normalizes U.S. and Canadian phones on a 7-10 digit level
- Parses names, genderizes, and detects suspicious words or companies in name field
- U.S./Canadian change-of-address processing to update addresses of people or businesses
- Presorts for First-Class™ and Standard Mail® discounts
- Identifies duplicate records with domain-specific knowledge of contact information
- Identifies Web visitor's geographic location
- Reduces fraud and geo targets