WebSmart Services (formerly Data Quality Web Services 2.0) Changes History
WebSmart GeoCoder(March, 2012)
• GeoPoints are available now in GeoCoder
web service. Instead of pointing to the street in front of the
address property, can now point onto the address property itself.
WebSmart AddressCheck (February, 2011)
• New Result Codes: A number of new Result codes are now available. Please reference the Address Verifier
manual for these new Results codes and details for each.
• Fix country code handling: Address Verifier will now label an
address as foreign is it has a legitimate country code that is not "US" or "CA".
• Updated Congressional information: Now it will return the 112th congress information.
Name Web Service for DQWS Version 2 (February, 2011)
• New Result Codes:
Added new result codes to indicate if the first or last name was found in our database of actual census names. Please reference the Name Parser manual for more details.
WebSmart AddressCheck (October 11, 2010)
• By popular demand and the upcoming midterm Congressional
Elections, we have added a new field called "CongressionalDisctrict"
to the Output Properties of the Response. This element contains the
2-digit number indicating the congressional district of the input
*** Warnings: For users
of the SOAP protocol, a few languages/toolkits may re-download and
re-verify the WSDL with each request. The addition of a new element
in the schema may cause some applications using these languages to
stop working correctly. To remedy, recompile your application using
the new WSDL, or more commonly, reference a local copy of the WSDL
WebSmart AddressCheck (July 2010)
• AddressCheck is now using a new and improved Canadian Parsing
• Added 3 new fields to the Parsed Output Properties of the Response
to allot for the new Canadian Parsing Engine improvements:
WebSmart StreetSearch (July 2010)
• Added a new output field to the Street Search Response called “FullAddressLine”.
The FullAddressLine property returns the complete full address line
suggestion as opposed to individual parsed out components. For
With an input of:
31 mac, Santa Ana CA 92707
Street Search would give you a FullAddressLine record of:
2-98 Even E MACARTHUR CRES
WebSmart ZipSearch (July 2010)
• Added support for Canada in Zip Search functionality.
• The WebSmart Zip Search now has the capability to:
• Find Cities in a given Canadian Postal Code
• Find Postal Codes for a given Canadian City and State
• Find Cities in a given Canadian State
WebSmart Phone Verifier
(Released February 2010)
• The WebSmart Phone Verifier will verify the validity of a given
phone number up to the 10 digit level and parses out its individual
components: Area Code, Prefix, Suffix, and Extension. WebSmart
PhoneCheck will also append additional information tied to a given
phone number such as: City, County Information, Latitude, Longitude,
and TimeZone. Additionally, the service also specifies if a phone
number is a Cell, Land Line or VOIP, and if it is a Business,
Residential or SOHO (Small Office or Home Office)
WebSmart Zip Search (Released February 2010)
• WebSmart ZipSearch allows you to search for:
• Cities in a given Zip Code
• Zip Codes in a given City
• City Names that match a specific pattern within a given state
WebSmart Street Search (Released December 2009)
•WebSmart StreetSearch matches a street name or just a partial
street name against a ZIP Code or the City and State and returns any
valid street names that match that pattern. This service is used
primarily for generating street suggestions for addresses that were
not verified by AddressCheck.
Added: Result Codes AS16 and AS17 (August 2009)
• Two new result codes have been added to Address Check (AS16
AS16 – Address is vacant. Address has been unoccupied for 90 days or
AS17 – Missing Alternate delivery. Individual address does not
receive mail but delivery is made to an alternate address or has
potential for delivery in the near future.
Result Codes AS14 and AS15 (July 2009)
• Two new result codes have been added to Address Check (AS14
AS14 – Missing suite information was appended by Suite Link.
Suite Link can append missing suite information to addresses based
on the Company information provided.
AS15 – Missing suite information was appended by Suite Finder.
Suite Finder can append missing suite information to addresses based
on the person’s Last Name provided.
Added: Last Name Input for Address Check Suite Finder Functionality
• A new input property has been added to the Request Record
Structure of the Address Check Web Service (<LastName>). Suite
Finder is used for appending missing suite information tied to the
input last names.
Web Service for DQWS Version 2 (Released June 2009)
• Email Web Service is used for verifying the Domain of an Email
address and parse out its components.
Data Quality Web Service Version 2 (Released March 2008)
• DQWS Version 2 is the new and improved implementation of our Web Based Solutions.
Web Service for DQWS Version 2 (Released June 2009)
• The Services for the new DQWS are now separated into each of its own interfaces. The following web services are currently available:
• The Name Web Service allows you to create salutations, parse
multiple names, and determine probable gender. It also improves the
quality of your name database by detecting suspicious names like
“Mickey Mouse”, standardize casing, and correct some first name